The School Bond did not pass. IF you have any questions please contact the school
Regular Board Meeting – April 8th, 2019
This meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm with Board Members Doug Jost, Alonzo Garcia, Keith Braden, Kristin Schwartz, Jason Flores, Tana Halfmann, and Jamie Walker present. Others present were Sam Waldrop, John Truitt, Kevin Biasiolli, Dale Murphree, Ray Silva, Kendall Hamill, Cache Tankersley, James Barfield, Jeff Jones, Brian Hastings, Wayland Pierce, and Scott Bicknell.
1. Deliberation and consideration of responses of the potential CMAR firms that responded to the District`s RFP No. 2019-01 to provide Construction Manager at Risk services related to the District`s 2019 Potential Bond Project. Interviewed Waldrop Construction and Collier Construction
2. Keith Braden made a motion to approve the resolution that accomplishes the following: (1) ranks construction firms that responded to RFP 2019-01 for construction manager-at-risk services and made presentations to the Board of Trustees regarding District`s 2019 Potential Bond Project (Collier Construction #1 and Waldrop Construction #2). (2) Authorizes the superintendent to negotiate a contract with the ranked construction firms in accordance with Texas Government Code 2269.254; and (3) authorizes the superintendent to take other action relating thereto, as presented by Mr. Bicknell, seconded by Tana Halfmann. CU (7-0)
3. Jamie Walker made a motion to approve the purchase of Technology equipment, as presented by Mr. Bicknell, seconded by Alonzo Garcia. CU (7-0)
4. Keith Braden made a motion to approve Order Amending the January 17, 2019 Order of Glasscock County Independent School District Calling a Bond Election and Providing for the Conduct of the Election and Other matters incident thereto, in order to appoint a deputy early voting clerk, Jennifer Jansa, and modify early voting hours from 8 am to 4 pm, as presented by Mr. Bicknell, seconded by Kristin Schwartz. CU (7-0)
5. Jamie Walker made a motion to adjourn at 7:55 pm, seconded by Doug Jost.
Special Board Meeting – May 6th, 2019
This meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm with Board Members Doug Jost, Alonzo Garcia, Keith Braden, Kristin Schwartz, Jason Flores, and Jamie Walker present. Tana Halfmann was absent. Others present were Tiffany Parker, Brian Hastings, Wayland Pierce, and Scott Bicknell. General Information
1. Chad Cargill gave an ACT presentation via Skype
2. Board workshop discussed a variety of topics concerning the district.
3. Kristin Schwartz made a motion to adjourn at 10:08 pm, seconded by Alonzo Garcia.
Congrats to the HS Boys Track Team placing 2nd overall. Congrats to everyone who placed and qualified. For more results see the school website
Congrats to the HS Girls Golf Team.
Great Job Lady Kats! 4th place Team finish at state
Congrats to the HS Boys Golf Team
2019 BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS!
Great Job Bearkats!
Congrats to Hunter and Rodrigo State Qualifiers
Copyright © 2019 Glasscock County News - All Rights Reserved.